[mythtv-users] HD3000 and High-Def

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:02:11 UTC 2005

Sorry about the "Evil" post I'll try to correct myself in future postings :)
 I think I'm following now.
 QAM is how the "signal" is delivered over cable and the HD content is
either scrambled or unscrambled. OTA is a more a reference for HD content
over the airwaves.
 If the content is unscrambled you will be able to watch HD content over
cable using an HD2000 or HD3000. If the content is scrambled you'll need a
cable box to watch the HD content but that content is then distributed via
firewire to you Myth box.
 There is a difference between a PVR250 or PVR350 in that they only do SD
the HD2000 or HD3000 does HD.
 Am I understanding correctly?
  p.s. I've never heard of a "Cablecard" who makes that?