[mythtv-users] Epia Board and PVR350 or PVR500

Stephen Dolan Stephen.Dolan at s3group.com
Thu Sep 1 07:28:02 UTC 2005

> I want to use an Epia Board SP8000 or SP13000 for my HTPC. On
> different HTPC-forums I read, that the TV-Out of the Hauppauge PVR350
> is better compared to the onboard TV-out. And I heard about heat
> problems of the PVR350 especially in small cases (like the ones for
> epia).

Well, my experience with using the tv-out on an EPIA-M board is that the
picture quality is fine. Admittedly, I'm using the s-video port and NOT
the composite port, as this does have poorer quality. I really see not
problems with the quality from the s-video. Of course, the TV you use
has a lot to do with it - mine is a high-end 32" widescreen with a 100Hz
refresh and lots of built in digital signal processing, so maybe its
cleaning up the signal somewhat...

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.