[mythtv-users] HD3000 and High-Def

Zak onlydarksets at mahshie.net
Thu Sep 1 01:03:51 UTC 2005

Like Mr. Smolka, I don't have either of those cards - I have the MyHD,
though.

Both the 2000 and 3000 take a raw HD signal and simply save the stream.
There are two ways to get an HD signal via a PC card - OTA (over the
air) and QAM (cable).

If you plug in a UHF antenna to either the 2000 or 3000, you should be
able to record any OTA signals you receive in your area.

As far as QAM, I don't know if the 2000 supports it.  If you have the
3000, I believe it supports QAM, which means you can plug the cable
straight into the card and receive any clear signals.  Typically,
however, that is limited to networks (at least in the US).  That means
you can't get HBO-HD on your 3000.