[mythtv-users] Generate Thumbnail preview automatically after recording?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 31 17:48:55 EST 2005

James Alexander wrote:

>I have noticed a slight (2 seconds at most) delay on a newly recorded
>show when I first view it in the "Recorded programs" menu. I think
>this is because it has to generate the preview image. (FYI I have
>de-selected my box to "Display live preview of recordings").
>
>My question is as it appears in the subject line, Is there a command
>that I can add to my post recording jobs that will generate the
>thumbnail and get rid of this slight lag time?
>
>This is obviously no big deal, I'm just nit picky.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/148915#148915

and read the rest of the posts in the thread, specifically the stuff
discussed in item 2.  Oh, and note that Daniel has done the work to get
the thumbnail created in the background in recent SVN, so I'm no longer
considering making that change (since it's already done).

Mike