[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Myth Lists mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Oct 31 13:36:28 EST 2005

George Nassas wrote:

> On 31-Oct-05, at 10:55 AM, Myth Lists wrote:
>
>>> dependancies get taken care of automatically. To do so add something
>>> like "deb file:/path/to/debs ./" to /etc/sources.list and, in that
>>> directory, do a dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip > Packages.
>>> Then aptitude update and install mythfrontend mythvideo
>>
>> Ok, got it installed and I can watch TV from my backend server.  I
>> don't seem to be getting any themes though.  I have them
>

> Hmm, they work for me. All I can think is I screwed up the
> scanpackages line above, gzip should output to Packages.gz but other
> than that it's exactly what I did and I have gant OK. That'll teach me
> to post when I'm half asleep.
>
> - George

Just re-installed the debs again and no luck with the themes.  I seem to
have most everything else working except them.

My backend is running a bit of a new version but that shouldn't affect
it.  I'm not running a local mysql or anything else.

I've tried going into the backend mysql and removing all of the entries
for my xbox from the settings table so it would re-init but that didn't
do anything either.  When I manually change it to something else in the
mysql table, it comes back and says it can't find the theme but yet when
you physically go to that directory its definitely there.

I'm confused as to why this isn't working -- by all accounts it should be?

Norm