[mythtv-users] Mythweb problems - missing thumbnail causes backend to crash

James Grant topace at lightbox.org
Mon Oct 31 07:35:21 EST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 11:07 am, Alexander Fisher wrote:
> On 10/30/05, Richie Jarvis <richie at helkit.com> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I am having a bit of a problem with my 18.1 installation.  When I try
> > and use Mythweb to display a list of recordings, I have a problem where
> > a bunch of the programs I have recorded are missing their thumbnails,
> > this causes mythbackend to go into an infinite loop with 'waiting for a
> > thread..'
> >
> > So, 2 questions, why is mythbackend not create the thumbnails?  and why
> > does Mythweb take out mythbackend?
> >
> > If anyone has any idea what is going on, could they let me know please?
>
> I've got a bunch of recordings without thumbnails.  I don't think I
> can skip through them properly when playing them either.  My backend
> doesn't crash, however mythweb does take a long time to load the
> 'recorded programmes' page.  I believe the problem was caused by
> running mythtv with a corrupted/crashed? mysql database after a power
> cut.  It took me a week or so to figure out something wasn't right.
> After I ran mysqlcheck, all new recordings were fine again.  Other
> than deleting the recordings affected, I don't know how to fix this
> but would be interested to learn of a way to regenerate the missing
> database data.  Perhaps someone else knows how to do this?  Also, am I
> right in thinking mysql has a mode of operation that is more resilient
> to power failure?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex

You can also manually repair the mysql database by logging in using the
commandline

mysql -hlocalhost -umythtv -pmytpassword mythconverg
(you might see a message when switching to the mythconverg database about a
corrupt table, invalid # of lines, etc)
REPAIR TABLE whatevertableisfubard;
quit

I've had to do this on my main webserver twice over the past year... once
after a power failure, and once after the disk got filled up.

Cheers,
  James

--
James Grant