[mythtv-users] A warning about Samsung HDDs

Lee mythtv at varga.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 03:36:36 EST 2005

>I just wanted to post a very unpleasant experience as a warning to
>anyone looking for storage.
>
><snip>
>
>If you're looking for an HDD, I'd have to recommend you avoid Samsung.

On the other hand, I've had a 160GB Samsung in my house server for over
a year, on 24/7,
always spinning, reading/writing 24/7, very quiet, never had a problem
with it...

Just replaced the Maxtor in my Myth box, as it was way too loud, with a
250GB Samsung...

I've had 3 total fails with Seagate drives, over the course of two
months a couple of years ago, and had my first Maxtor fail last week.

So I'll still buy more Maxtors, but will never buy Seagate again...

As usual, YMMV I guess...

Lee