[mythtv-users] Mythweb problems - missing thumbnail causes backend to crash

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:24:32 EST 2005

On 10/30/05, chris at cpr.homelinux.net <chris at cpr.homelinux.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 04:07:26PM +0000, Alexander Fisher wrote:
> > After I ran mysqlcheck, all new recordings were fine again.
>
> The Debian version of MySQL does a mysqlcheck as part of the boot
> sequence, so when recovering from a power failure (or crash) that's
> one less thing to worry about.  I'm surprised your distro doesn't do
> that as well, but it's easy enough to add.  If you don't want to get
> your hands dirty in the boot scripts you can add an "@reboot" cron
> job.

I run Debian and have noticed that when it boots it displays 'Checking
for crashed MySQL tables in the background' when starting mysql.  I''m
guessing this is the mysqlcheck you're referring to.  But it didn't
seem to fix my corruption.  Perhaps I should change the
'MYCHECK_PARAMS="--all-databases --fast --silent"' line in
/etc/mysql/debian-start?  Remove the --fast?

As for fixing my messed up recordings, any thoughts?

Cheers,
Alex