[mythtv-users] Potential Problem With Switch Back to Standard Time

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Sat Oct 29 21:43:01 EDT 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Matt SF wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 01:53:42PM -0600, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>> OK here is what the guide SHOULD look like:
>>
>> 12:00 | 1:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>>  S12    S1a     S1b     S2
>>
>> Here is what mythweb is showing
>>
>> 12:00 | 1:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>>  S12            S1a     S2
>>
>> And here is what MythTV shows
>>
>> 12:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>>  S12     S1a     S2
>>
>> The fact that mythweb showed this gap with the missing data is what clued
>> me in to the reason I couldn't find the show I was looking for during the
>> extra hour.
>

> Kevin..what versions of mythweb and mythbackend are you running?  my
> mythweb shows as you have above, with the "s12" show apparently bleeding
> across an extra hour.  e.g. Stargate SG-1 shows at 12:30 AM and Mythweb
> reports this as:  "12:30:00 AM to 01:30:00 AM (120 mins)"

I get the exact same behavior.  The S12 will bleed across the empty time
slot where there is no data.  If It ends at 1:00 mythweb will report the
time correctly (even though it appears to run for an extra hour), if it
ends after 1:00 than I will get the behavior you described.

> I am amazed the developers chose not to use UTC in the database and
> instead used local time.  I hope they had a good reason...if not, that
> would be very...Microsoft of them  ;)

Yes, and I hope they respond to this issue.