[mythtv-users] Jittery Audio/video

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 04:52:03 EDT 2005

Hi, using EPIA MII I have had similar problems with Tv
Playback using Knoppmyth R5A22 in the UK.  As it
stands playback is slighly jittery but only really
noticed with live sports and scrolling bars (e.g. SKY
NEWS).

First of all tuning settings; for me making sure that
transports are correctly configured for DVB.

Then, Playback Settings

- enable VIA XvMC, not the generic XvMC
- enable extra audio bufffering
- disable the libmpeg2 encoding

Commercial Skipping is supposed to be bad with VIA
motherboards (never tested it myself).  Also I'm told
VIA won't work  with HD.

If XvMc is working properly the OSD on tv playback
will be black and white.  If not then update DRI for
the latest DRM/VIA modules.

A specific TV format in the XF86Config-4 file also
helps... for me PAL-I.