[mythtv-users] Development update

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 28 13:11:39 EDT 2005

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> Steve Adeff wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 27 October 2005 14:33, Bryan Halter wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone give this list a quick update of new/improved features
>>> under
>>> development and an idea of how far out .19 is?  I love MythTV and would
>>> love to see it continue to grow, that's why I'm curious about this next
>>> release.  Also some idea of what LxM is up to would be nice too :)

>> Lots of bug fixes, and some new ones, lots of feature updates for
>> HDTV and DVB use.
>
> Is it still basically the same though?

At this point, 0.19 seems to consist of some major improvements to the
backend--many of which won't be directly visible to the user--and a few
user-visible changes to both the backend and the frontend.

> I've been reading bits and pieces about a new frontend daemon/frontend
> client architecture

mfd - Doesn't look like it will be in 0.19.  It hasn't really "made it
onto the roadmap," yet.

> and other things like OpenGL UI rendering that seem to change Myth's
> core.

MythUI is currently scheduled for 0.20 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12 ).  Note, however, that may change,
so don't "expect" it in that release (so that you're happy when it is).
Originally, Isaac was planning to try to have it in 0.19, but he has
since changed it to 0.20.  But, it will be worth the wait.  :)

Mike