[mythtv-users] Multi-card setup with only two cards allowed to record

we4 at uakron.edu we4 at uakron.edu
Fri Oct 28 08:09:49 EDT 2005

Hi All,

    I've been looking around and can't seem to find the info i'm looking for so
maybe someone can help. I have a server setup with the mythtv backend and have
2 pvr-250 cards in it; I also have two separate frontend units each with a
wintv-go card in them. What i want to do is to have recordings only occur on
the two pvr-250 cards in the server, I want the two cards in the frontends to
be used as a local tuner for that frontend only. Does that make sense? The
reasoning behind this is because if the cards in the frontends start recording
then the frontend becomes really slow and sometimes locks-up. So i only want
the cards in the server to do the recording, and the cards in the frontends for
tv viewing only for that specific frontend. Is this possible? Thanks in advance
for any help you guys could offer!

Will