[mythtv-users] Re: (slightly OT) improving wireless connections

Nelson Tang tang at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 28 07:37:13 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone who replied about my question of increasing my
wireless signal.  Many of the suggestions mentioned buying a
detachable antennas to increase the strength, but as Lee Koloszyc
pointed out, the Sveasoft firmware on the Linksys lets you adjust the
transmit strength above the factory default.  The range is 0-84mw and
the default is a measly 28, so I've set it to 84 and have had MUCH
improved results, where I can actually watch TV from my remote FE.
Thanks again for all the responses!

Back to being a happy Mythtv user again,
--nelson