[mythtv-users] (slightly OT) improving wireless connections

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:26:33 EDT 2005

On 10/27/05, Deyan Bektchiev <mythtv at bektchiev.net> wrote:

> Since you already have the Sveasoft firmware you can enable WDS and use
> one WRT54G as an extender to the main one.

Linksys also sells a wireless extender which rebroadcasts signal from a WAP,
WRE54G. But there may be a simpler way: WRT54G has detachable antennas, so
you can buy a high-gain antenna for it, Linsys makes some but there are also
third-party antennas. With a good antenna this WAP has a huge range. Make
sure you have security enabled :)

How are the routers placed right now?

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net