[mythtv-users] An LVM'd drive died! What do I do...

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:02:31 EDT 2005

I must admit you have me quite intrigued by this RAID 5.

So heres the deal, I am going to go out and buy some disks.
Anything I need to know before I start?

How (and what) do I need to know to setup a software Raid 5 on my
linux? Any guides etc.?

Also, I wonder if there is any easy way to get the info off from my
current 2 drive LVM onto the raid? (I would like to use some of these
LVM drives to be put in this raid). Can I started with all my info on
one HD and turn that into a Raid, or does a raid have to be
parititoned, constructed and THEN have information copied on to it...

am I in over my head?

dave