[mythtv-users] Wholesale changing of channel numbers - how and where? [UK Sky changes]

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Oct 27 04:31:04 EDT 2005

   Sky in the UK are going to, on (I believe) Tues. 22 Nov. this year
completely re-organise nearly all of their channels' numbers.

   I've previously coped with their minor changes OK by fiddling with the
channel and frequency via MythWeb, but this does mean that I've now several
channels whose numbers don't match their chanid (which I know is largely
unimportant) but with such a large change, I'd like to completely re-sync.

   I'm aware that changing the chanids in mythconverg.channel will affect
other stuff, not least of which is the listings.  What other things would it
affect?  What tables and fields do I need to fiddle with to correctly realign
chanids?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature