[mythtv-users] Can't build lirc modules under FC4 - "wrong format"

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Oct 27 03:03:30 EDT 2005

   I've been using ATrpms' lirc RPMs for my Myth box, but I'd like to get an
'Igor' USB IR receiver;  ATrpms don't include this kernel module so I want to
prove I can do it myself before going ahead.

   I'm prototyping the process on my desktop FC4 box before interfereing with
my FC3 Myth box, but after giving up trying to build 'formal' RPMs, I just
dived into the tarball manually and trid to configure/make the module itself.

   But every time I get an lirc_igorplugusb.ko, insmod won't load it due to it
being a 'wrong format'.  Anyone know what that means?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature