[mythtv-users] MyIRBlaster - Myth Issues Only??

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Wed Oct 26 13:38:13 EDT 2005

I had a lot of trouble changing channels reliably since I moved to dish
network 301 receivers from a 5xx series.  Someone suggested that the gap
value in the file may have to be changed and that it was cpu/serial port
dependent.

I kept changing it and figured it was a lost cause at one point, and was
about to order a MyBlaster, but then I decided to change it some more
and eventually ended up with something that seems ok.  I started with a
gap of 175000 and ended with 400000 in /etc/ledxmitd.conf.

I tossed together this script to zap and restore things to try different
gap values.  I'm sure someone could clean it up if they cared to do
so...

#!/bin/bash
modprobe -r ledxmit_serial
modprobe -r ledxmit_dev
PID=$(ps -A | grep ledxm | egrep -o "[0-9]{3,5}")
echo "Found PID=[$PID]"
if [[ "$PID" != "" ]]
then
        echo "Killing existing instance of ledxmit..."
        kill -s 9 $PID
fi

/bin/echo "Starting ledxmit stuff..."
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
update-modules
modprobe ledxmit_serial
nice -n -20 /usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/sbin/ledxmit-ledxmitd

----

For reference that is an AMD XP 2000+ (Technically it is actually an AMD
MP 1900+ running as a 2000+.) with an nforce 2 motherboard.

It seems that the normal way of entering remote codes from an unknown
remote will determine the value of the gap, but, unfortunately, dish
network receivers run at 56kHz(?) and my IR receiver doesn't pick up
them, so I was stuck working from a premade file and guessing.

-Robert