[mythtv-users] Anyway of making the fonts smaller

Scott Carr scarr at progbits.com
Wed Oct 26 10:17:35 EDT 2005

Ben Edwards wrote:
> Tried changing them in settings but made no difference :-(.
>
> Also I guess once I have made them smaller I will then want to
> increase the number of characters for the prog descriptions.  Is there
> a way of doing this?
>
> Maybe I need to use a different theme?
>
> Regards,
> Ben
> --
> Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
You can change this pretty easily in the theme.  If you look under
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/{Theme You Are Using}, and open the ui.xml
file.  Look for:

      <size>15</size>
      <size:small>12</size:small>
      <size:big>17</size:big>

And change the size.  Depending on the them you are using you may have
to change several different locations.  You will also need to experiment
a little to make sure things line up correctly.  The nice thing is once
you make a change to a specific screen, you can exit the screen and come
back and the changes are in affect.

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org