[mythtv-users] new recordings missing database fields after R5A22 upgrade

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Oct 26 09:25:35 EDT 2005

Byron Poland wrote:

>Since upgrading my backend to Knoppmyth R5A22, all of the recordings
>I've made are missing the basename, progstart, and progend fields (ie
>they are blank).  this causes jobs like commercial flagging to fail.
>If I fill in the missing data manually into the tables, things work as
>expected.
>
>Anyone else seeing anything like this?
>
>I know very little of mysql.  When my commfaging stopped working, I
>looked at the tables with mysqlcc and saw the missing data.

Sounds like a DB update was missed.  If you do not have the basename
field in your DB, execute this SQL statement against it:

ALTER TABLE recorded ADD COLUMN basename varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT;

and then, once it is in your database, run this:

UPDATE recorded SET basename =
           CONCAT(chanid, '_', DATE_FORMAT(starttime,
                  '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '_',
                  DATE_FORMAT(endtime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '.nuv');