[mythtv-users] Sudden lockups on my Myth box

Joe Ammann joe at pyx.ch
Tue Oct 25 18:39:07 EDT 2005

Hi all

this evening, I experienced 3 total machine lockups on my mythbox. I had to
hard reset it. That same machine has been running for months, no apparent
hardware problems.

What I consider _very_ strange is that all 3 lockups happened just after
mythbackend had been beginning to transcode one specific recording.

2005-10-25 20:00:10.376 Transcoding
from /myth/rec/1_20051025192700_20051025195000.nuv
to /myth/rec/1_20051025192700_20051025195000.nuv.tmp

Minutes after this messages in the backend log, the machine hangs.
Unfortunately (or maybe luckily :-) I deleted that recording before I noted
that this may not be a coincidence. Since then, no more crashes ...

The system is FC3, the filesystem is XFS. Absolutely no messages in the system
log files about the crash.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

CU, Joe