[mythtv-users] OpenGL trouble

jondz jondz at dca.net
Tue Oct 25 11:27:41 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:00 -0400, Dave wrote:

> On 10/25/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>         Dave wrote:
>
>         >I'm having trouble getting Myth 18.1 to run with OpenGL VSync
>         enabled.
>         > My frontend log shows RTC timing method.  I've tried:
>         >1. Recompiling (a few times) with the option enabled,
>         >2. Looked in Myth setup for the enable flag (didn't see it)
>         >3. Couldn't find anything in the settings table reffering to
>         OpenGL
>         >
>         >Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>         >
>         >
>         There's no setting in 0.18.1.  If it's compiled in, Myth
>         attempts to use
>         it.  Check your frontend log file for mention of OpenGL
>         vsync.
>
>         Mike
>

> Hmm, frontend log shows:
> nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this
> driver?
> Could not open device /dev/dri/card0, No such file or directory
> Video timing method: RTC
>
> I've reinstalled the nvidia drivers (7667), and I can run glxgears
> sucessfully.
> I'm on an AMD 64 3000+ w/2.6.12.3 running gentoo
>
> What else can I do to troubleshoot the VBlank ioctrl error?
> Thanks
> Dave

I have the same problem....the latest 2.6 kernel in debian unstable.
I'm even worse off, I dont even have /dev/rtc.   Anybody has any idea
how to proceed?

mythtv says:

nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this
driver?
DRMVideoSync: Could not open device /dev/dri/card0, No such file or
directory
RTCVideoSync: Could not open /dev/rtc, No such file or directory.

jondz