[mythtv-users] air2pc hd5000 and pvr 350 issues

jimoo at rcn.com jimoo at rcn.com
Tue Oct 25 10:35:21 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,
  I did a search in google and couldn't find any solutions so I
figured I would ask here. Feel free to point me in a better
direction if you know of one.

I'm having a problem getting the video from my air2pc hd5000
card displayed on the tv out of my pvr 350.

My hardware is fairly underpowered (800 mhz PII) so I want to
make full use of the pvr350. I have installed the latest
knoppmyth (R5A22). The cable from my cable company (RCN
in Boston) is connected to the HD5000. Nothing is connected to
the input of the pvr 350. The tv out of the pvr 350 is connected
to my tv.
 I have read a lot of instructions and I can get X to run on the
pvr 350 tv out. I have gone in to the mythtv setup and set the
flag to use the tv out pn the pvr 350 to display video.
I can't get any video to play on the pvr 350 tv out.
When I run X on the PC monitor and don't have the PVR 350
flag set in mythtv, I can see live hdtv played on the PC monitor.
When I run X on the PC monitor and and have the PVR 350 flag
set in mythtv,  live TV still comes out on my PC monitor.
When I run X on the pvr 350 out and have the PVR 350 flag set
in mythtv, when I try to watch live TV, X crashes, restarts,
presents me with the X windows login screen for 25 seconds,
and eventually logs in automatically as the mythtv user and
starts mythtv again.
I'm not sure where to start to debug this.
So here are a couple of questions/ideas. I believe that the
hd5000 card simply reads the mpeg2 transport stream from my
cable company and saves it to a file. Can the pvr 350 decoder
decode an mpeg2 transport stream? Are there some log files I
should be looking at for status and errors?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jim