[mythtv-users] MythBackend - There but nobodies home

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:05:44 EDT 2005

On 10/24/05, Scott Carr <scarr at progbits.com> wrote:

> I have been having a really weird issue. MythBackend is still running,
> but when I go into MythFrontend and go into Upcoming Recordings it says
> Nothing is Scheduled.
>
> If I stop MythBackend, and restart it, all of the shows are then back in
> the Upcoming Recordings list.
>
> It is like something is erroring out on one of the SQL statements or
> something.
>
> How would I go about figureing out what is happening with this?

Scott,

Start by looking at the mythbackend logfile. On my systems, it's
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log, but it might be somewhere else on your
system.

Also, what version of MySQL are you running? The current release of MythTV
is not compatible with the brand new 5.0 release of MySQL .

Carl Fongheiser