[mythtv-users] Recording from VHS

Gary Montalbine gmontalbine at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 21:40:13 EDT 2005

When playing back recordings from VHS tapes, there is garbage across the
bottom. A search of the archives indicates that it may be scan lines
from the VHS and it was recommended that the crop filter be used. I am
using a PVR 250 card which I understand uses hardware encoding. MPEG2.
The instruction for video filters indicates that the crop filter can not
be used for hardware encoding cards.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of the
garbage. Can the crop tool be used? If so, how is it installed?

Gary