[mythtv-users] Manual scheduling with guide data?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:10:37 EDT 2005

On 24/10/05, Andrew Chuah <hachuah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm wondering if there is a solution to my problem in Myth that I've
> missed:
>
>  My wife likes Lifetime original movies; say they show a new one on Tues
> nights 8.30-10.30. I obviously could go in every few weeks and set those
> titles to record, but a manual schedule would be fantastic in this case...
> just record everything, and delete the ones that she's not interested in!
>
>  However, once I use manual scheduling, I totally lose the guide data,
> synopsis, even the title! I just get "manual scheduling..." which doesn't
> help very much.
>
>  Is there a way to do manual scheduling, but still keep the guide data?

With my limited experience using manual scheduling (I mainly used it
in the beginning before my listings were sorted) you specify a title
for the recording when setting it up. If you want the full listings
details and titles to be recorded, to you need the scheduler to
'match' content in the listings. Is it possible to match some text in
the title/subtitle/description for the movies that is common amongst
them all? If you can, you could set up a custom record to match this
text, and you would then get the full details of the movie recorded
with each one.

Nick