[mythtv-users] Apple Bluetooth Remote Instead? Was: Microsoft Remote Keyboard

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Oct 24 12:26:10 EDT 2005

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> I'd prefer one of these for a PVR:
>    http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm#9019urf
> Here's a review:
>    http://www.byopvr.com/Sections+index-req-printpage-artid-15.html
>
> Pointing device built into the keyboard so you can't lose it. (nobody
> makes a wireless mouse that
> beeps to tell you which couch cushion it's buried in yet) Cheap,
> wireless, form fitted for laptop use.
> Nifty carrying handles, and it's black, which happens to fit in well
> with my equipment right now.
>
> I'd prefer a trackpoint instead of a joystick, but whatever...

For both of my frontends I use a remote control, with a wireless
keyboard/mouse combo as backup, and it works very well. One of the
keyboards has a small trackball, the other has a small
joystick/trackpoint type mouse. I got one from ebay for about $30CDN, as
I recall. The other I bought from a friend.

Tom