[mythtv-users] tv-out quality problems

Michael Bochynski mbochynski at audiumcorp.com
Mon Oct 24 12:14:14 EDT 2005

Hi All,

My setup is as follows - cable box, LeadTek WinFast TV Deluxe as tuner
and ATI Radeon 8500 as TV-Out.

However, My mythtv TV_OUT is significantly worse in terms of picture
quality than a direct cable out to TV. My question is whether it is due
to ATI card, not fully supported under Linux, or TV tuner, which does
software encoding?

I want to replace one of those components, by my question is whether it
makes more sense to get PVR-350 (I don't need dual tuners of 500, since
I use cable box)  or nice NVIDIA graphics card for better support for
linux?

Thanks in advance,
Michael