[mythtv-users] FC4 new install

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sun Oct 23 15:49:47 EDT 2005

Shawn wrote:

> Justin The Cynical wrote:
*snip*
>>Any guidance available? I looked at Axel's repository, but didn't
>>see anything that appears to match the kernel that is in use.
>>Either there isn't one, or I'm blind again. :-)
>
> Any guidance?  Yeah, stop being a pussy and install Slackware.
> Compile your shit from source and quit relying on a package system to
> do the work for you. <^>

And to you, good sir, I say get bent.  :-)

Eh, I could do it that way, however, this is a simple use box.  In this
particular case, I just want it to work with a minimum of fuss.

If I wanted to go with compiling from source, I'd say for you to quit
being a pussy, dump those precompiled Linux installs, and follow the LFS
project (like I did for my laptop, file server and workstation).

:-D