[mythtv-users] Pre/Post Recording Commands

Preston A. Elder prez at goth.net
Sat Oct 22 22:20:55 EDT 2005

> If BOINC is set up properly (to run jobs at nice 19), it shouldn't
> affect your system.  I run BOINC on mine and don't disable it and it's
> never caused any problems--or, TTBOMK, had any affect other than using
> idle processor time.  Have you noticed issues that clear up by manually
> disabling BOINC?

Yeah, BOINC is setup as nice, but its not THAT nice (it still has to get SOME
CPU cycles, and when it does, it gobbles them right up), when I'm watching
live TV, I DO still notice that it is a little jumpy if I don't disable
BOINC.  But this is because MythTV is taking 80-90% of my CPU (unfortunately
my XV support doesn't work, so I have to use standard X11 rendering, which is
much slower).

I've asked for XV support to be fixed, since my XV support works just fine
under both mplayer and xawtv, in fact, MythTV is the ONLY application where I
have XV problems (something about it failing to initialize the colour map, I
can post the error again if anyone wants to look into it).

But yes, I do notice a difference between BOINC enabled and not.

--
PreZ :)
Systems Administrator, GOTH.NET (http://www.goth.net)