[mythtv-users] Frontend freeze when deleting recording

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Oct 21 14:36:16 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:16:03AM -0700, Steve Pugh wrote:
> However, I am still experiencing a solid framebuffer
> freezeup when, after watching a show, I choose either
> of the two delete options available to me.  The
> machine itself is still running, and mythbackend
> continues to record, but the frontend locks up.

Are you sure it's framebuffer that's freezing?  I have experienced an
occasional issue where deleting programs will cause mythfrontend to
become nonresponsive; I have a full keyboard hooked up to my myth box
and was able to alt-tab back to the shell I started mythfrontend from
and kill it with ctrl-c.  Alternately, waiting a couple minutes would
cause it to time out and resume functioning, although without
deleting the recording.  When this has happened, mythfrontend has
appeared to continue to function normally afterwards with the
exception that deleting programs would continue to hang in the same
fashion until I restarted mythbackend, leading me to suspect some
sort of connection issue somewhere.

I never figured out an exact cause, so I can't say how to fix it
(although I haven't seen this happen for a while now), but I figured
I'd throw my experiences out there to see whether my problem and
yours were the same one.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that