[mythtv-users] anyone use wizd w/ mythtv?

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:46:33 EDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Reza Naima <reza at reza.net> wrote:
> Can you play mythtv recording using it?
>
> Reza
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:46:54AM -0700, Tim Fenn sent me this...
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 05:34:58AM -0500, David Schmidt wrote:
> > > Well, if they truly are all that same error message ("pointer targets
> > > ... differ in signedness"), you can safely ignore them.  strcpy is the
> > > string copy function.  In C/C++, strings are groups of characters, and
> > > characters are actually a numeric type and can thus be signed or
> > > unsigned.  When we are treating them like 'a' 'b' 'c' instead of
> > > (ASCII) 97, 98, 99, it sign really doesn't matter.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, the default signed or unsigned for characters (if the
> > > programmer doesn't specify) varies between compilers (especially older
> > > ones).  Most likely, the programmer is passing signed/unsigned
> > > (possibly by default) strings to the function, but g++ thinks it
> > > should be unsigned/signed.
> > >
> > > So you are likely ok.
> > >
> > > By the way, I've never used wizd.

> > I've given up on the "official" wizd, I use a hacked version
> > specifically for the LP2:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/flipflop7146/wizd.html
> >
> > never had any problems with it.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Tim

I use it to play back mythtv hdtv recordings. use the version linked
to above.  I got some scripts from someone in the the LP2 forums at
iodata (thanks Mudit) that when run with a cronjob or manually read
the myth db, and creates symlinks in the wizd server root directory
for recordings.  Here are links to the 3 scripts.  first one lnkwizd
is the main one, the perl script does the db lookup and renaming, and
the last one sorts out TV Programs into individual folders.  You will
have to edit for myth user/pass, and path locations.

http://tube013.org/stuff/lnkwzd
http://tube013.org/stuff/newmythname.pl
http://tube013.org/stuff/grp_tv_4_wizd

Some caveats on the whole LP2.. the remote sucks, as does the unit's
responsiveness (improved slightly with a different remote that learned
all the commands).  With wizd forget about watching a show while it's
being recorded and fastforwarding or reversing through it.  The
navigation can be screwy in general.  The wizd ui leaves a lot to be
desired.