[mythtv-users] mythtv supoprt for lcdproc/other lcds

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Oct 20 14:33:45 EDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:11:40 +0100, Shaun Lowry wrote:

>David Watkins wrote:
>> It might be worth having a look to see if there's anything else you
>> fancy in the pipeline that would make use of a four-line display.
>> 2x20 is a bit meagre!
>
>Does anyone know if there are any VFD bay inserts available to fit a *floppy*
>bay?  I'm using an SFF box for my frontend and obviously need the full size bay
>for a DVD drive, so the only space left on the front panel short of mangling the
>case is the floppy bay...
>
>	Shaun.

Check out soundgraph.com who make and sell various versions of the imon
vfd. They make versions for both floppy and full size bays. Imon vfd's are
supported by lirc. You are looking for the 'iMON INSIDE'.

No idea about cost or availability.

The imon vfd's are built in to some of the Silverstone cases. like the
LC11M which I have.  Its 2x20 characters (22 I think actually). There is a
linux driver available out there... search on imon soundgraph linux ...
the url to look for is 'venky' .

Apparently the lcdproc backend reports useful stuff in mythtv.
I've been using it to monitor cpu load while I try stuff.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638