[mythtv-users] Setting time on backend machine

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Thu Oct 20 11:29:50 EDT 2005

I saw the recent discussion about NTP and something occurred to me.
I have a VCR (a SONY) that sets it's clock from information
transmitted in the NTSC broadcasts.  In this area, it happens to be
channel 3 that is broadcasting the info.  Yes...this means when the
power goes out and then is restored, I don't have to set the clock
it just happens automagically.

Anyway, the point of all of this is, if a VCR can do this, couldn't
Myth do it to?  Does anyone know if the VCR has some sort of special
hardware that is not available to Myth that allows it to do this?
Just my 0.02.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown