[mythtv-users] xine 'cant seek to block' when playing ISO files

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena skandalfo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:17:18 EDT 2005

2005/10/20, Mark Rissberger <mrissbe1 at rochester.rr.com>:
> Mark Rissberger wrote:
> > BUT, if I go to scene selection, and select a scene much later in the
> > movie,  I get the 'can't seek to block' error in xine and it crashes.
> Forgot to mention that the ISO files are on my Windows Machine.  Shared
> over the network. Not sure if this matters.

Probably that's the catch.

IIRC, smbfs doesn't handle files larger than 2 GB... size that your
DVD ISO images will surely go over. If you're sharing the files over
samba, you could try to use cifs instead; this could fix the issue at
hand, although you could find new problems because cifs is newer and
not so well supported.

   Juan Jesús.

How can dreams come true? Is their type boolean?