[mythtv-users] xine 'cant seek to block' when playing ISO files

Mark Rissberger mrissbe1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 23:35:08 EDT 2005

I set up Myth to play ISO files through xine with the following command:
    xine -pfhql --no-splash --no-logo dvd:///%s

The dvd will come up fine and I can move around the menu and start
playing the movie.

BUT, if I go to scene selection, and select a scene much later in the
movie,  I get the 'can't seek to block' error in xine and it crashes.
This happens with all dvd ISO's that I try.  But if I extract the vobs
into a directory and play the directory, it will work fine and allow me
to seek to my hearts content.

Any ideas?  Is it related to file size maybe?

Thanks,
Mark