[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-350 hardware decoder only works for TV out?

JP Edmund listmail at acedsl.com
Wed Oct 19 14:57:21 EDT 2005

"Play those videos onto your PC screen or your TV set with the WinTV-
PVR-350's hardware MPEG decoder." is a play with words on our greedy
little minds. We want "or" to be "and"

I'm 7 days into learning it (waiting a few days in the middle for the
350 to arrive). I got it working for TV out after following the
"threefiftyinstallation". It wouldn't boot using the config that goes
in the etc/x11 directory (cant remember the name). When I set the
link back to the old config, BAM the TV out worked, I scratched my
head, and then realized all the menus were still on the monitor.

The trouble lies in it cant find the pci device with the numbers I
put in. When I did the lookup for numbers thing (im not home right
now, going off memory after a turkish cig) to find the pci address.
Mine came up exactly like the one on the wiki, so I followed thru
with those digits, but the log keeps telling me it cant find the
device at pci adress blah blah blah.

I know this isnt good, my description and all, maybe someone
reckognizes or has an off the top response, other than that, don't
give it much thought. I'll be home soon and get to play and learn
some more...

nice meeting you.
1