[mythtv-users] 'Scan channels(s)' button can not be pressed.

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:44:10 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Simpson, Richard <Richard.Simpson at wgint.com> wrote:

> If you "ls /dev" do you see /dev/dvb/adapter0/* or /dev/dvb* nodes? If
> not, then either you (a) do not have a dvb card installed; (b) don't have
> the dvb driver loaded; or (c) have a problem in /etc/udev/rules. Look for
> errors logged in /var/log/messages after bootup when the drivers try to
> load. Myth will only let you select a card type it can find installed in
> /dev.

ls /dev/dvb/
adapter0 adapter1 adapter2 adapter3

Drivers seem to lode OK. I have come to the conclusion mythtv is not built
with dvb support. I am trying to build from source.

Ben

Richard.

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)