[mythtv-users] Re: Xbox as FE

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Oct 19 13:31:47 UTC 2005

Vladan Bato wrote:

> Robert Anderson wrote:
>

>> I have created a torrent to distribute my entire xebian installation
>> with mythtv frontend installed.
>>
>> http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3397792
>>

> Hi, I have downloaded but I have a question.
>
> I didn't install it yet, as I have an *almost* working installation.
> The only thing that's not working is the DVD remote.

My DVD remote works just fine with Rob's torrent. I have a genuine
Microsoft one, is yours an aftermarket one?

About compiling from source, I tried it last night, but it bailed on a
qt lib. I don't have the exact error message, but if anyone has compiled
from current SVN with Xebian on Xbox, I'd love to know what you did.

When I try an apt-get install ... for the qt library, it wants to
upgrade gcc 4, and a whole whackload of other stuff, which I'm hesitant
to do unless someone says they've done it. Although, I could just do it,
and if it doesn't work I can just re-install...

Thanks
Tom