[mythtv-users] 'Scan channels(s)' button can not be pressed.

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:09:15 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/10/05, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have kaffeine wrking fine but when I run mythtv-setup and go into
> 'Channel
> > Editor' the 'Scan Channel(s)' button and the Advanced' button can not be
> > navigated to and pressed. I have put BBC ONE in and its correct
> frequency.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well you've obviously got your dvb card working properly, so it looks
> like a myth configuration problem.
>
> A few things to try.
>
> 1. Rerun mythtvsetup, delete capture cards and channels and run
> through all the screens again, starting at the top. Maybe there was
> something you missed. In the Capture Card screen did dvb0 show up,
> when you selected dvb as the card type?

The card type is 'Standard V4L capture card' and can not be changed. What
should dvd0 show up next to, I have viewo devide /dev/video0. shuld this be
/dev/dvb0?

2. Check that mythbackend is not running when you configure the
> capture card, or try and run the channel scan.

Is there a channel scan someware as well as 'Scan channel(s)'? sa I said I
can not navigete to/press this.

3. As an experiment, try running mythtvsetup as root. If the channel
> scan button lights up, thats a clue that you've got permission
> problems on your dvb devices. Don't carry on with the setup though.
> Back out, fix the permissions, and run mythtvsetup again as your
> mythtv user.

What I dont quite understand is why I have ot select a video source if I am
getting my istings over dvb? I A

I suspect that you've tried all of the above, but I can't think of
> anything else obvious.

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)