[mythtv-users] [OT] Can anyone reccomend me a wireless nic for FC4?

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 07:53:00 EDT 2005

Hey guys

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I'm looking to set my myth box up
wirelessly. I'm asking here as I figured there would be quite a few of
you on here using FC3/4.

I recently tried a Netgear WG311T but couldn't for the life of me get
any form of encryption working. The problem stemmed from the windows
driver via ndiswrapper being too large for the default kernel stack (or
something like that,  a known Fedora problem apparently), and so I had
to use the madwifi driver. This worked perfectly unencrypted, but its
hardly ideal. The card has since gone into another Linux box just fine,
so no real loss..

So anyway, I'll be buying another one very shortly, the requirements
being 54Mbs minimum, and with WPA-PSK working happily  (WEP would do
though). I'm fairly competent Linux wise, but a card that works with the
minimum of fuss would be nice.

Anyone got any ideas from personal experience?

Thanks

Dunc