[mythtv-users] MythPodder ... ?

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 19 00:41:56 EDT 2005

On 19/10/05 12:26 PM, "Anthony Floyd" <anthonyfloyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> what if some effort was put into a "MythPodder" module?

This would have to be a plugin, I'd expect it would need some backend
support though too. I'd suggest it would put video podcasts into MythVideo's
list and audio podcasts into MythMusic's list.

It should be very simple just to wrap a myth-style UI around a command-line
podcast downloader -- something like bashpodder, I use podracer on my
mythbox -- and have it triggered on a similar style schedule to
mythfilldatabase. Currently I trigger my podracer on system startup (or
cron) but I haven't gotten around to registering the files in the database
yet... Another project for when I'm on holidays soon.

Transcoding would be a nice added feature -- I do this already with podcasts
for my mobile phone.

> 4b) After the transcode daemon is finished with it, through some
> clever php scripting in the MythWeb interface it'd appear as an RSS
> feed

Did start working on this with Recorded Programs in MythWeb. I think we
could do the same with the MythVideo/MythMusic database entries (I'm not yet
a music/video user).

Would make my life easier, but I need to make it to the holidays (Nov 12 for
me :)) first.

Joshua King