[mythtv-users] Remote frontend hangs when left idle in selectrecording

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 23:08:25 EDT 2005

jgmtfia Mr wrote:
> I am running a remote frontend in a window.  When I let a remote
> frontend sit idle for a long time on the "Select a recording to watch"
> screen, the frontend hangs.  I come back to a back window and no
> keypresses can bring it back.  What can I do to assist in finding out
> what is happening?

I don't know if this the problem (or even if it's true) but apparently
the "Select a recording to watch" window causes something to get logged
and can cause you to run out of inodes, I've had myth crash on me when
I've left the frontend on this screen and I was out of inodes on my /
partition so there is some evidence to backup what I heard.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)