[mythtv-users] Building channels.conf for Exeter/Beacon Hill, UK

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:01:58 EDT 2005

On 10/18/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/10/05, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, got fairly far setting up my MythTV box. How to I find out what
> > transmitter I am using, I think it is Beacon Hill that is in Exmouth bot
> not
> > certain, how can I find out? The other thing is I then need to find out
> the
> > frequency. I found this whitch may be relevent:-
>

> This lets you type in your postcode to find your local transmitter
>
> http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?

Ta, so its Stockland Hill i'me using.

and this one has a full listing of transmitter data, which includes
> QAM values and other stuff you need for the channel scan.

I fouund some other info and it says what I need for scan is:-

T 374000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE

The channel for mux 1 is 22.

I have info whitch says

centre frequency = (UHF Channel Number)*8 + 306
so
22*8+306 = 482

which looks a lot to small ;(

Also where is the QAM?

http://www.wolfbane.com/ukdtt.htm

> Not sure if you can work out the frequency from it though? I used
> tzap, which did its own scan and created a conf file with the
> frequencies in.

Now i'me a bit confused. I thought you needed the frequency whitch you put
in the file and run

scan > channels.conf

You then used channels.conf with tzap. How do you use tzap without a
channels.conf?

Ben

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)