[mythtv-users] Memory issues - A MythTV task always brings the memory to 99%

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:54:39 EDT 2005

I've been noticing something odd.

Whether I am sending a recording to a separate frontend, or recording
something on a backend, as soon as MythTV starts doing its thing, the
memory creeps up to 99% in a matter of minutes. The swap space doesn't
really get used, but memory definitely goes up to 99%.

After the show is over or the recording finished, it goes back down to
about 42%.

I am currently running 512MB. Is this normal for MythTV? (ie. Uses as
much memory as possible?) Am I missing frames?

Any info would be great (and if theres a problem, direction on how to
fix it would also be swell.)

Thank you!
David