[mythtv-users] The Race to Change the Channel

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Oct 18 00:03:02 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:08:55PM -0400, Sam Krupa wrote:

> What is the fix for the channel changing problem!

Everyone knows that changing channels is slow, but most of us don't
care.  I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV to watch Live
TV.  I just record all of the shows I like.  MythTV was designed and
optimized for time-shifting, and I don't think there are very many
people that would want to change that design just to make changing
channels faster.  That's my opinion, anyway.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/