[mythtv-users] New Digimatrix questions

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 17 15:06:55 EDT 2005

Folks,

     I'm working on getting my new Digimatrix set up as a myth
frontend/backend.  It's a good little box; inexpensive, speedy and o
so quite.  I have a couple of questions about things I haven't been
able to work out yet.

     First, the remote plugs into the keyboard jack, and sends
keystrokes to the box.  I have done a lot of searching and it looks
like MythTV has the ability to remap what keys perform what
functions, but I haven't been able to find an example for how to do
this.

     Second, the Digimatrix has a saa7134 tuner.  I have used the
modprobe options that I found out on the net, specifically card=2,
tuner=39.  When I do the modprobe, I don't get any errors (unlike
with other settings), but when I test with tvtime I still don't get
anything.  I have the feeling that I may have missed some step during
setup, but I can't find what is wrong.  Is there anyone else out
there with a Digimatrix who can give me a pointer?

Thanks for the help!
Peter Darley