[mythtv-users] Re: lircd starts fine, but crashes as soon as something tries to use it

Dennison Lee dennison.lee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:00:40 EDT 2005

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Only thing different is mine actually
works for a few minutes after a restart. After a few minutes, lircd stops
responding.

I found a post, I think it was this list that basically said there was an
issue in the ivtv driver and the workaround was to setup a cron job to run
ivtvctl --reset-ir every minute.... which is working out for my situation.