[mythtv-users] apt-get upgrade = borked mythtv

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Oct 17 12:39:41 EDT 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:

>Yea, its even a internal conflict for me, I really do want to make sure I get
>my shows recorded, but the desire to see what new fixes, bugs and features
>have been added is a pretty a big desire as well....

I've found that keeping up with SVN and compiling from source make my
transitions to new releases a non-issue because I am basically always
running the new version.  I keep a close eye on the commit and dev lists
so I can watch for a commit storm and avoid updating until things have
calmed down.  I seem to upgrade SVN about once a month when it appears
things have been calm for a week or two.  SVN is remarkably stable for a
project with this high level of change day to day.  Because of this, I
pretty much never run apt-get/yum for updates once I have the system
working.

Kevin