[mythtv-users] apt-get upgrade = borked mythtv

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:34:44 EDT 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 11:08, Tom Lichti wrote:
> I've done an apt-get upgrade of my (rarely used) slave backend, and one
> frontend, and they both still work. I use Myth from source though, not
> rpms. I still haven't worked up the nerve to do my main combined
> front/backend (see next sentence!)

same here, I've got myth compiled from source, which may aleviate upgrade
problems with it, but until one encounters a problem...

> I'm surprised, yet not really, that this is so common... :) My wife
> asked me yesterday why I didn't just give up and go back to regular
> cable? My response was "Are you insane?" :) I think she would (secretly)
> miss it as much as I would...now if I could only stop tinkering...
>
> Tom

Yea, its even a internal conflict for me, I really do want to make sure I get
my shows recorded, but the desire to see what new fixes, bugs and features
have been added is a pretty a big desire as well....

Steve